Garage Door Repair Service of Ft. Worth is proud to provide garage door opener services. If you need a new opener or replacement parts our team can take care of your needs. Call the garage door experts you can trust for all of your garage door opener services.
Your Garage Door Opener
The garage door opener is often mistaken for the remote you use to operate your door. You opener is actually actually mounted from the top of the garage door rack and are often in a small box. They are typically controlled by remote and a switch mounted to the wall inside your garage.
When your garage door is having trouble opening or closing, it is often a sign that something is wrong with the opener. If you have any problems with your door operating, give us a call and we will send a technician out to check out your garage door opener.
Garage Door Openers
Our company provides different garage door openers to meet the needs of our residential and commercial customers. We keep a full stock of each of the four opener types in our local warehouse so we always have what you need. Our technicians also perform service and repairs on all of our quality openers.
The openers we install and service are:
- Screw Drive- Minimal parts for easy maintenance. Design features a screw driven trolley that rides inside the track.
- Chain Drive- Most common style of opener. Features a bicycle type chain that is connected to the motor and pushes the trolley to open the door.
- Jackshaft- This model is mounted on either side of the torsion bar.
- Belt Drive- Know to be the model that provides the least noise. Constructed of steel reinforced rubber or fiberglass.
With top of the line openers and trained technicians, were able to make any garage door need possible. If our warehouse does not have the opener you ordered, we will have it shipped and then installed once it has arrived. Once the job is done, our tech will double check their work and have you check it also to make sure you are pleased with the outcome.
Which Opener Is Right For Me?
There are certain type of openers that will fit perfectly with your existing equipment or your new garage door. Depending on the features or the make and model the garage door has our tech will recommend the best model for you. When you call us, one of our reps will educate you about each opener’s abilities.
Here are a few things you should look for in a new opener:
- Backup Battery- This is a very unique feature which could help your opener still work even when you have lost power.
- Noise Control- a quieter garage door can do wonders for your home.
- Warranties- A lot of our parts come with warranties. Make sure to ask one of our sales reps if your product qualifies for one.
- WiFi Connectivity- A new thing is being able to connect to your opener using WiFi. This will give you the ability to check on your garage door and able to open and close it from your phone.
Our sales team are very knowledgeable when it comes to our company. Feel free to ask them about any of the openers you are interested in. They will tell you the best options that will fit your garage door. When your ready, call us and let’s get that new opener for you.
How the Opener Works
Opening and closing your garage door is a heavy job to do and it takes the work of several parts to do it. Each component has a specific job to carry out and they all are important to keeping your door functioning. When your garage door is struggling to open or won’t open at all, it is often because one of these parts is broken:
- Transmitter- this is your remote and has two to three buttons. When engaged a signal is sent to the receiver and your garage door opens.
- Receiver- takes the signal from the transmitter and sends it to the capacitor which then opens the door.
- Capacitor- is the electrical component that actually opens and closes the door.
- Dip Switch- a tuner that syncs the remote and the opener so they can communicate and open your door.
You want to make sure you keep these parts functioning. In return this will help the life of your opener and garage door. If you feel like your opener is having problems, don’t hesitate to call us and have a technician come by and check it out.
Running on the Right Frequency
Like all other electronic devices your garage door runs on a specific frequency. To avoid interference with nearby electronics, your door should stay between 300-400 MHz. Our tech will make sure that your garage door opener is properly tuned to avoid this problem.
There is a standard safety feature on all electronic garage door openers that keeps your family safe by protecting you from hackers. Your openers frequency will change often to keep anyone from tapping into it and gaining access to your property. If you have any questions about this technology and how it works don’t hesitate to ask your technician.
In order to make sure you open your door and not your neighbors when you push the button on your opener several parts must be working right. The dip switch pattern must match and the opener has to be on the right frequency. Our team will ensure your opener and remote are properly programmed.
Your remote and opener work together to open and close your door, if one quits working give us a call right away. We will send in of our techs out to you property to find the problem. If you need a new remote, we will help you choose the one you need and get it programmed for you as soon as possible.
Believe In Us
Put your faith in a company that will never let a customer down. Garage Door Repair Service of Ft. Worth has been in the garage door industry for more than a decade. Taking care of the cities garage door needs one door at a time.
So if your opener has given up on you or you just need to have it repaired. Give us a shout and a tech will come right over. We can have somebody to your home or business about an hour after the call was placed. Don’t wait any longer and call us now. We can’t wait to hear from you!